Goals of Distance Learning at Assumption School - DRAFT
1. Provide faith-focused connection between teachers and students using digital platforms.
2. Communicate the need for parent support in student learning.
3. Provide opportunities to celebrate student leadership and Assumption Community as lifelong learners, effective communicators, socially responsible citizens, and active Christians.
1. Incorporate print and digital learning experiences for all students.
2. Utilize the Internet, telephones, texts, or other similar means of electronic communication for instruction and interaction between teachers and students that meet the needs of all learners.
3. Offer digital and print opportunities for students to engage in a Distance Learning day.
4. Ensure that the learning opportunities are research-based and aligned with core curriculum and learning objectives at that given time.
1. Monitor and verify each student's participation.
2. Engage student participation within the student's control as to the time, pace, and means of learning.
3. Communicate protocol regarding general expectations and responsibilities of the program to teachers, staff, students, and parents.
Safety and Trust:
1. Provide staff and students with adequate training and permissions.
2. Review the program to address difficulties (including safety concerns) confronted through revision.