Assumption School was founded in 1952 by Msgr. Thomas Browne. Dominican Sisters from Everett, Washington provided a staff for the school. In the beginning years, grades one through six had 50 students in each classroom. In 1957, the seventh and eighth grade rooms were added and enrollment increased to 400 students. In 1977 the Sisters of the Holy Names replaced the Dominican Sisters and staffed the school until 1989. The computer room and program began in 1983. In the mid-1980's, the Bellini Science Center was added to the end of the Assumption complex. In 1993 the library was moved across the parking lot to the convent chapel. In 2003, as a result of generous donations and fundraising, the Msgr. Lucid Learning Center was added. At this time, Assumption School has a lay administrator, faculty, and staff. Our Pastor is Father Vince Scott and our Principal is Mr. Joseph Petersen.